"Altered"

I hate hospitals...no matter if it's for humans or pets. Today, we had Rocco "altered." It was somewhat of a typical day at any hospital. Just like when humans have an operation scheduled, I got to the vets office at the scheduled time of 8:30AM and had to wait forever for our turn to see the "nurse," or in the animal world, a surgical technician.

So we meet with a very nice young lady, get our dog prepped for surgery, and go on with our day waiting for the vet to call.

We received the call around 1 PM that the surgery went well, and we were told to come back after 6PM to pick up our pup. Seemed like a long time in the puppy recovery room, but no sense in worrying.

When we went to pick Rocco up, we were met with another "nurse." She gave us the post-operation procedures, told us what type of potential problems to look for, and sent us on our way with a written list of things to know. Never once did we see the vet. At least for human surgeries, you see your doctor at some point.

So now Rocco is home recovering, and has to get his rest. How do you get a dog to rest? I'm not sure, but I have to find a way to keep him from running for at least a week. No jumping either. Should be interesting.

So now I have an "altered" dog who won't get prostate cancer and won't be having any litters of his own. But, I'm told this is the responsible thing to do, so I guess I'll have to suck it up for a week and figure out how to keep my dog from running and jumping.