Wednesday Diet Tip #11


(Warning: gratuitous picture!)
Hi and Welcome to Peggy and Kelly's Wednesday Diet Tip! What form of exercise do you enjoy? Are you like me---none? Well it's true! I'm having a difficult time motivating myself to get up and out and do anything terribly physical. So my tip today is, just do it anyway. Here are some ways to get exercise for people (like me) who don't enjoy exercising:
1. walk with a friend--anywhere and anytime. on your lunch break. after dinner. you'll be so busy talking you won't remember you're exercising.
2. climb the stairs at work instead of taking the elevator.
3. park far away from the entrance to a store and walk across the parking lot.
4. stand up when you're watching TV and walk in place during the commercials.
5. do some gardening, raking or mowing. it burns a lot of calories and uses some new muscles!
6. walk while you're talking on your cell phone. even if it's just around in your house.
7. jumprope. okay, this never worked for me but maybe it will work for you!
8. find a sport you enjoy with your family and get active on the weekends.