What Kind of Pet Would You Want?


I've had many different pets: purebred dogs, mixed-breeds, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, fish, hermit crabs. But I always seem to want just one more... another dog to keep Kelly company. An aquarium. A bird, maybe. I've never had a bird. And I must admit, I've always wanted a pet duck. Sure that would require a pond. But I can dream, right?

Here are some other cool pet ideas:


Shetland Pony- Who wouldn't love a tiny horse? They range from 21 inches to 42 inches tall. According to Wikipedia they are gentle, strong and brave but can be "cheeky" or stubborn.



Parrot- The concept of a pet that can talk to you is delightful. My Mom owned a parrot that enjoyed making siren noises and imitating a baby crying. Although they're not the easiest pet in the world, for the right home they can bring years of companionship and enjoyment.

Chimpanzee- Because they seem so much like a human, many people idealize the thought of owning a pet chimpanzee. I always wanted one instead of another brother or sister. I dreamed of dressing it up and taking it by the hand to school. Of course, recent news stories help us to understand that, for most people, chimps are not suitable pet material.

I'd love to know, have you had an unusual pet? What pet have you always dreamed of owning?