What am I missing?

I'm looking at some of the newly posted pages on Daisy Trail and they're gorgeous.  But...but...all I see are the embellishments, not the pictures that the embellishments surround.

Or completely simple pages that are equally gorgeous in their simplicity, but...but...the picture's so small on the page that it's barely noticeable and, so, it doesn't seem to be the focal point.

I know that for some, this is more an art form than simply scrapping pictures and memories, and to each his own.  But more and more, I feel that ornate doesn't suit me - unless it's a special page for a challenge or some such - my point in my scrapping is to preserve the memory and, for that, I can't put so many embellishments and "stuff" on my pages that the memory (picture) is secondary to the "stuff."  

JMHO and YMMV!  :-)