The Gecko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko

This is a wikipedia link all about the gecko.

Why do we love these little critters? Is it the insurance company's use of them in their advertising? Could be. I never knew what a Gecko was until those commercials made that particular lizard a household name. To me, a lizard was a lizard. Then I learned that a Gecko is a certain type of lizard, and that there are various types of geckos.

On an Island trip I took, I was surrounded by these little creatures. They appeared everywhere, and showed no fear of people. They were fun, interesting little creatures to observe. Watching them crawl on walls, walkways, bushes and trees, I became fascinated by their behavior.

Though I don't have one as a pet (at least not yet), I can understand people's interest in having one in their homes. And if your local pet store sells crickets by the bag for your lizard to munch on, then owning a gecko becomes that much easier. As long as, of course, the crickets don't get out of the lizard's lair.

The more I read about geckos as pets, the more intrigued I become. Just like any animal, they have specific requirements and needs, and I will continue to do my research before buying one as a pet.