Hello, Portland!


As you can see from this terribly out of focus photo, my cat Lily thought she would just come along with me to Portland, but she just took up too much space! Plus, it was a early flight this morning, but I've arrived in Portland safe and sound and it is beautiful here. Cold (20's), but sunny and bright. Mt. Hood has a snowcover and it feels like Christmas is in the air. So far, I've had a quick tour of the Banfield Central Team Support facility and met a few people, but it's going to be lots of meetings and visit and holiday events related to Season of Suppers. This is the program that works with Banfield Hospitals (the vet hospitals inside PetSmart stores) to bring donated pet food to the elderly by delivering it with Meals on Wheels staff. Santa will be in our office on Friday and employees bring their families for the celebration! I'm so glad to be here and so glad to be part of an organization that supports pets and people.