Update on Iggy the Iguana

For those of you who have been following this blog, you may remember that I made a housecall to Iggy the Iguana when I was still working at Hospice of Green Country as a chaplain. I guess you could say that Iggy needed a pedicure and, since I used to own an iguana several years ago, I knew all about trimming their nails. Iguana nails are extremely sharp, almost like little needles, in fact--good for climbing trees in the wild. Iggy was a little squirmy, but overall, she was very cooperative during the process, and it made her much safer for the patient to handle.


One of the hospice social workers told me that Iggy got sick recently while the patient was in the hospital.  Pet Peace of Mind @ Hospice of Green Country arranged for Iggy to go to South Memorial Animal Hospital in Tulsa and they did a great job of caring for her. (Thank you, South Memorial Doctors and Staff!!) The sad news is that Iggy's owner may have to be admitted to a nursing home in order to get round the clock care. As for Iggy, there is a family member who is willing to take her and a couple of other people in reserve if she needs a home. I'm not sure if Iggy can go for a visit, but you never know!
For those of you who think that iguanas are strange pets and couldn't possibly be fun---check out this photo:

This man has the right idea!