Buy Stamps, Help Pets

Sometimes I complain about the price of postage. The older we get, the more we can remember a lower price of a stamp: 37 cents...22 cents...10 cents! I'm not saying I'm old, but I looked it up, and the cost of mailing a letter the year I was born was 4 cents!

Well, here's a postage stamp that I don't feel bad about buying. The USPS new Animal Rescue: Adopt a Shelter Pet stamps! Not only will these pets help raise awareness for adopting shelter pets, but also during the stamp launch Halo pet foods, along with animal advocate and Halo Co-owner Ellen DeGeneres, is donating a million meals to shelter pets around the country.

The adorable 44 cent stamps feature 5 cats and 5 dogs who were adopted from shelters.


Teddy, a wire haired Jack Russell Terrier who was given up when she had puppies.


Willow, a gray Maltese cat who was left in a box at the door of the shelter.

Buddy, a golden retriever who was purchased from a pet shop and given up due to health problems.



All these pets were adopted and joined happy, loving families. Visit the Stamps to the Rescue site to purchase stamps, or to learn more about pet adoption.