Look! 2 Awards and 7 Little-known Facts

Here they are, below; 7 little-known facts involving dogs, ice cream, guinea pigs and airplanes. But first...

This lovely monarch has been fluttering around the Net and came to rest on my blog--twice! What a treat! I just want to say that I've come to know so many amazing and caring people through blogs and I also appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time to stop by here and say hello.

Two wonderful bloggers have chosen my blog for the Versatile Blogger award. I told Kelly and she's chasing her tail in delight!

Now with this one comes with some conditions
1) Thank the person who gave you the award
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic
4) Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.

Why, of course!
I am flattered and grateful to:
Welsh Terrier George
and
STL Senior Dog Project
Thank you so much!

Share 7 things about yourself:

1. I write for Guideposts magazine.

2. My favorite food is ice cream, preferably soft serve. Where I grew up we called them "creamies" but here in New York we just call them "soft ice cream."

3. Speaking of which, I grew up in Vermont. "Ilovermont!"

4. My first dog was a stray we rescued from the woods. A beagle/lab mix named Happy, he was my best friend from Kindergarten through High School. I have stories about Happy published in several Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

5. I've never flown on an airplane. (or any other way!)

6. I love guinea pigs! My short haired blond guinea pig Charlie and my long haired Peruvian tri colored guinea pig Gipper had 10 babies, of every hair length and color combination imaginable!

7. There's nothing that makes me happier than being together with my family; my husband of 28 yrs, my grown daughter and son, and of course our dog Kelly. What do we most like to do together? The Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.

Pass this award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic.
This is tough because some of the blogs I think are fantastic I have been following for a while now, so I hope they know how fantastic I think they are already. (You do, right?!) Although it might seem frivolous, I do honor this butterfly by passing her along to some new blogs I've discovered lately. I decided to bend the rules a bit, and select just a few (quality over quantity). I enjoy these blogs and the dogs I'm getting to know through them. Please accept this award.
(Sorry if I tagged someone who already won the award. But that must mean you're really really popular!)

Joyful Paws
Five Sibes
Life with 5 Dogs
24 Paws of Love
Lucy's Human
Oh My Dog!
Jet's Agenda
Tales and Tails

I hope you check out these blogs too!