Monday Pet Roundup

Hi and welcome to Monday Pet Roundup! And Happy Labor Day. Kelly just came out of the lake and is shaking off. Look out, don't get wet!

* Looking for an activity to share with your dog? Try Happy Hour! The Washington Post reports on such an event held last Wednesday at the Park Hayatt Hotel. Ticket price of $12 included two drinks and free dog cookies. (Proceeds benefited the Washington Animal Rescue League.)

* How about dogs on the subway? Not in NYC, but the Boston Herald discovers that yes, dogs are allowed on the T!

* Dogs or jail? Which would you choose? According to USA Today, a Kentucky woman says dogs. Because she owns 6 dogs, 4 more than town regulations allow, she can face jail time. Do you agree, or disagree?

* Sorry to end with this but I just have to say it. I saw the video of the woman tossing the cat in the trash can. I can't forget about puppy mills, hoarding and the Vick dogs. I just read a headline about setting dogs on tame, chained bears. I can't open the link. I can't read the story. My heart is sick. I just can't take it any more.

* Okay, I can't end the post there. Here, via Cute Overload, is a little sleepy pup I hope will bring a smile to your face.