A New Addition



I've been writing about the pet industry recently and the number of homes with multiple pets. I am now part of that statistic. Introducing Kelso!

We weren't planning on getting another dog, in fact we said we have our hands full with a dog and a fish tank. But when my wife's co-worker needed to give a way a 7 month old Lhasa Apso puppy, my wife couldn't refuse.

When my wife presented the idea to me, she said the dog needed a home, or he might be going to the pound (playing to my emotional side). Then told me the dog was free (playing to my practical side). Of course, getting a dog for free is sort of like getting a free cell phone- you'll pay for it somehow. But, there is no price tag on the joy a dog brings.

Before we took Kelso home, we set up some play dates at nuetral locations so we can see how he played with our current dog, Rocco. They were great together.

Now they are both here and all the playing is keeping them both tired....which in some ways has been great for Rocco since he hasn't been looking to his human roommates as much for play games. It's like he's forgotten about us....until it is time for food.

So now I am a multi-dog house, with fish tank and lots more to blog about.