Bugging Out


Check out this bug! Does anyone know what it is?

This bug was a little friend I found in the driveway last weekend. It didn't move while I watched it, but when I looked away and came back, it was gone. I love spotting nature in the city. It's always a surprising treat. Here are some of the animals I've seen around my house:

squirrels
ribbon snakes
robins
turkey
deer
slugs
toads
bats
mourning doves
goldfinches
skunks
crows
the thing that lives under the garage

Although I love all animals, some of these I'm not especially crazy to see in my yard. I love watching the squirrels. They tease Kelly and climb up a tree and hide, making clicking noises to taunt her. She stares up into the branches and barks, but never can find them.

Tell me about the wildlife in your backyard!

What I Learned From My Dog: Despite fascinating wildlife, a dog is still the best animal of all. Kelly only had to look at me with her big brown eyes to show me that.