Seriously, are you STILL sleeping?


Can one dog really sleep this much? Sheesh! I mean, Kelly certainly bears truth to the saying "sleep like a dog." I was worried about how much she sleeps during the day, so I did a little research. It turns out that most dogs sleep 12-14 hours a day. That made me feel a little better. But Kelly produces more than her share of zzzzz's. She might be on her way to setting the all time record for dog napping.

Since I work from home, I feel it's my responsibility to try to get Kelly active during the day. I take her on at least one long walk. I play with her in the yard. And I toss a ball for her to fetch. The thing is, Kelly doesn't like to play unless I generate the enthusiasm. I have to throw the ball, then say "Get it, get it, get it!" and chase after it myself.

Not that I can't use the exercise, but times like these I wish she had a little neighbor friend to knock on our door and ask "Can Kelly come out and play?"

Speaking of dogs sleeping, this video of a man singing puppies to sleep is so sweet!



Well, Kelly is snoring on the couch now, and it's a beautiful sunny day, so I think I'll wake her up and go out for our walk. Because if I don't, I might consider joining her and take a nap for myself.

What I Learned from My Dog: Sometimes we don't feel like exercising or being active. We could use a friend to encourage us. When I see Kelly playing, her ears bouncing and that spring in her step, I know she's enjoying it, and it's good for her too!